Learning Activities and Development:
Glenfield Nursery School, Eaglescliffe, Stockton On Tees
At Glenfield Nursery School, all learning activities are designed to help each child reach their full potential, helping them to prepare for their primary school education with confidence, life skills, social skills and the ability to listen and learn.
Glenfield Nursery School work within the recommendations of the Early Years Foundation Stage and through our own programme of activities to incorporate the 7 Aspects of Learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
Children are able to take part in a wide variety of learning activities including English - letters and sounds activities, Dance and Drama, French and Music. All these subjects are taught by professional, qualified teachers.
At Glenfield Nursery School, we will ensure that:
- Children have the opportunity to develop their self-confidence, self-esteem and independence
- Children's social skills are encouraged so that they develop a caring attitude towards others
- Children have the opportunity to express themselves freely and with creativity and imagination
- Children have the opportunity to investigate the world around them and are encouraged to ask questions, make comments and seek answers
- Children develop their physical skills through playing and learning
- All staff will encourage interaction and communication amongst the children and will care for the individual needs of every child within the nursery
- All staff record the progress and development of each individual child and plan for their next steps. This information will be shared with parents
- All staff are kept up to date with training and development opportunities so as to enhance skills and knowledge within the workplace
To view regular posts and pictures of daily learning activities undertaken at Glenfield Nursery School, please view our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GlenfieldNurserySchool or follow us on Twitter - www.twitter.com/stocktonnursery.
How To Contact Us
You can contact us by:
Telephone: 01642 783044
Fax: 01642 786805
Or you can use our
online enquiry form.
Glenfield Nursery School
19 Albert Road, Eaglescliffe,
Stockton on Tees, TS16 0DA
Glenfield Nursery School are now offering French Lessons for children aged 4 to 10 years. Read more about French Tuition
...your nursery has provided Ruby with
the confidence and good manners to start her school life...
D & SC
...it's been a joy to see how happy and settled our daughter is...
S & RM
It says it all when Sam goes to nursery smiling and comes home smiling...
H & TH
Read more parents' testimonials.
Glenfield Nursery School offers wraparound care for children up to the age of 8 years who will attend either The Links, Preston Primary School or Durham Lane School. This will include breakfast and afternoon tea and planned activities. Contact us on 01642 783044 for more information.
Free Mornings or Afternoons
Glenfield Nursery School is offering free childcare for children from the age of 3 years.
Choose either mornings from 8.45 a.m. until 11.45 a.m. or afternoons from 12.30 p.m. until 3.30 p.m.
Contact us on 01642 783044 for more information.
Available during term time only.
Glenfield's Book of Nursery Rhymes
Our own book "My Treasure Book Of Nursery Rhymes And Hymns" will give endless hours of pleasure to children and their parents. With almost 90 pages of ryhmes in large print plus a CD the book is excellent value for money.
Read more about Glenfield Nursery School's Book of Rhymes or call 01642 783044 to order your copy now!